Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Announces 2011-2012 Global Board of Directors February 15, 2011
Download Full Press Release
NEW ORLEANS—The Association for Corporate Growth® (ACG), the global organization focused on driving middle market growth, selected new officers and directors to serve on the Global Board of Directors for 2011-2012.
Andrew Rice, senior vice president at The Jordan Company in Chicago will serve as 2011-2012 Board Chairman after serving as Vice Chairman. Mr. Rice succeeds the 2010-2011 Chairman, Michael A. Carr, partner at BAC Investments, LLC in Los Angeles who will become ACG’s Immediate Past Chairman.
"ACG has grown to a record-level of membership and programming," said Carr. "Andy Rice and the next group of leaders will follow ACG’s newly-adopted strategic plan to continue to meet member needs into the future."
"ACG has played a key role in both my company’s success and my professional success for the past 25 years," said Rice. "I am honored to work with the ACG staff and other volunteer leaders to deliver more value to ACG members."
In addition, Chuck Morton, Venable LLP, ACG Maryland has been elected ACG 2011-2012 Vice Chairman. He will succeed Rice as 2012-2013 Board Chairman. James Marra, Blue Point Capital Partners, ACG Cleveland has been named the ACG InterGrowth 2013 Chairman.
Additionally, the following officers will serve a one (1) year term:
- Douglass M. Tatum, The Co-Investment Partnership, ACG Atlanta – Chairman of InterGrowth 2012
- Les Alexander, Fairway Capital, ACG Louisiana – Chairman of Finance
- Penny Hulbert, Links Financial, ACG Tampa Bay – Corporate Secretary
The following Directors at Large have been elected to serve three (3) year terms:
Pamela Hendrickson, The Riverside Company, ACG New York
- Frank Mack, AS Capital Partners, ACG Chicago
- Ken Berryman, CapitalSouth Partners, ACG Kentucky
In addition, Durant (Randy) Schwimmer, Churchill Financial, ACG New York will complete the remainder of a one-year term as Director of Large (ending June 30, 2012) created based on Penny Hulbert’s selection as Corporate Secretary.
The following Chapter Representative Directors were chosen by their chapters to serve a two (2) year term:
- Robert Burns, Lazard Middle Market, ACG Minneapolis
- J.B. Dollison, Crutchfield Capital Corporation, ACG Houston
- W. Braun Jones III, WWC Capital Group, LLC, ACG National Capital
- Brian Moll, Polsinelli Shughart PC, ACG Arizona
- Joel Rosenthal, Schneider Downs & Co, Inc., ACG Pittsburgh
The following members will continue to serve on the ACG board:
Chapter Representative Directors:
- Spencer Brown, Spencer J. Brown & Associates, ACG Portland
- Vanessa Brown Claiborne, Chaffe & Associates, ACG Louisiana
- Richard Jaffe, Duane Morris LLP, ACG Philadelphia
- John Kerschen, The Charter Group, ACG Western Michigan
- Ashley Rountree, C.W. Downer & Company, ACG France
- Thomas Tullidge, Cary Street Partners, ACG Richmond
Director At Large:
- Erik Dykema, Lineage Capital, ACG Boston – Term ending 6/30/12
- Ed Fisher, SouthPointe Ventures, ACG Atlanta – Term ending 6/30/12
- Patti Gillenwater, Elinvar, ACG Raleigh Durham - Term ending 6/30/13
- Cory Mims, ICV Capital Partners, ACG New York – Term ending 6/30/13
- Steve Prostor, Citi Private Bank, ACG New York – Term ending 6/30/13
- ACG President & CEO Gary A. LaBranche, CAE, will continue to serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board and Executive Committee.
ACG members interested in Board service were invited to apply for consideration in the Fall of 2010. Applicants were reviewed by the Nominating Committee and elected by the ACG Board of Directors. ACG members will again have the opportunity to apply for Board service in the Fall of 2011.
The ACG Global Board of Directors serves without compensation and is responsible for the overall governance and oversight of the Association for Corporate Growth.
The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) is the global community for middle market M&A dealmakers and business leaders focused on driving growth. ACG members have access to data, content and networking to access capital, make deals and drive corporate growth. Founded in 1954, ACG has grown to more than 13,000 members organized in 56 chapters throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.acg.org.
The Riverside Company
The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm focused on acquiring growing enterprises valued at up to $200 million (€200 million in Europe). The firm partners with strong management teams and enhances its investments through acquisitions and organic growth. Since its founding in 1988, Riverside has invested in more than 240 transactions with a total enterprise value of more than $5.4 billion/€4.4 billion. The firm’s portfolio in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region includes 71 companies with roughly 14,000 employees. Riverside completes acquisitions smoothly thanks to $3.4 billion/€2.7 billion in assets under management, more than 195 professionals in 19 offices, and longstanding relationships with partner lenders.
North America and Asia Pacific
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Riverside Company
Pablo FuenteAssistant Director of Marketing and Communications
The Riverside Company